The tripartite (Rana, Congress and King) agreement, signed on 15 February 1951 in Delhi reveals the following points:
- An elected constituent assembly will frame a democratic constitution within two years.
- King Tribhuvan will remain king of Nepal.
- There will be an interim cabinet of 10 ministers under the prime Minister of Mohan Shamsher of which 5 will be taken from the people's side.
- There will be no restriction to open political organizations.
- All the political prisoners will be set free.