Uneducated, innocent people of Nepal took a long time to revolt against the cruel Rana regime. The 104 years of suffocative Rana regime couldn't be tolerated anymore. As a consequence, there was collective resistance all over the nation. Here are the main reasons behind the revolution of 2007 BS
- Injustice and economical, social, cultural exploitation by the Ranas.
- Poverty and unemployment.
- Internal tension among the Ranas.
- Formation of political parties and strikes.
- Increase in political consciousness among citizens.
- Second World War and worldwide spreading democratic rules.
The main consequence of 2007 BS revolution is the delhi agreement advent of democracy in the nation. King Tribhuwan returned to Nepal on 4th Falgun and democracy was declared on 7th Falgun, 2007 B.S. This was the end of the 104 year long Rana regime and beginning of democratic Nepal.