Reconstruction after revolution
With the objective to learn through observation rather than rote learning, we the students of Grade 10 had conducted a field trip. We discussed with the senior citizens as well as some other experienced persons of the community regarding the reconstructions after the revolution in different historical periods of Nepal.
- To get information about the revolutions in Nepal.
- To know the effects of evolution in the society during the time of revolution.
- To know to what extent the reconstruction plans were successful.
- Several revolutions or movements have been launched in different periods of history of Nepal. The armed revolution launched for establishing democracy in 2007, The people's movement I launched for the restoration of multiparty democracy, Maoist armed revolution launched to end the monarchy and establish republic, People's movement II launched against the direct rule of king Gyanendra, Madesh movement etc are some examples pf them.
- Construction works are almost nil during the time of revolution. Due to the dispute between the government and the revolutionary, nobody pays attention in development works. Constructed works are also burst, damaged or burnt.
- The reconstruction of the damage infrastructures during the time of revolution is still going on. The reconstruction work of bridges, roads, buildings, police stations, telephone towers etc damaged during the time of revolution has been continuous. The government has given priority for the reconstruction works even in the periodic plans.
It's not good to harm or damage the infrastructure in the name of the revolution. The things which are needed in the future should not be destroyed in the name of revolution. On the other hand it is not good to delay in the reconstruction works such infrastructures after the end of the revolution. It is good to complete the reconstruction works in the collaboration of the government and party which damaged those infrastructure.