Nuclear energy is the energy released in the nucleus of an atom. It is also called atomic energy. Nuclear energy-releasing by controlled nuclear fission (uranium and plutonium) in devices is called reactor to generate electricity. Nuclear energy has one of the lowest levels of fatalities per unit of energy generated compared to other energy sources. Coal, petroleum, natural gas, and hydroelectricity each have caused more fatalities per unit of energy due to air pollution and accidents. and another method for releasing nuclear energy is controlled nuclear fusion. Nuclear energy has been released explosively by both nuclear fusion and nuclear fission.
The Advantages of Nuclear energy are
- It provides an enormous capacity
- We can reuse the fuel from nuclear energy projects
- safe energy source
- Highest rating of density
- Low cost
- More accomplished than fossil fuel
The disadvantage of nuclear energy are
- Limited fuel supply
- Nuclear materials create the health problem.
- Non- renewable sources of energy
- radioactive waste
- Environmental effect
- High cost
- security threat