The answer is D: Plastic products
Plastics is the term commonly used to describe a wide range of synthetic or semi-synthetic materials that are used in a huge and growing range of applications. ... The raw materials used to produce plastics are natural products such as cellulose, coal, natural gas, salt and, of course, crude oil.
- Extreme versatility and ability to be tailored to meet specific technical needs.
- Lighter weight than competing materials reduces fuel consumption during transportation.
- Good safety and hygiene properties for food packaging.
- Durability and longevity.
- Resistance to chemicals, water and impact.
Some common synonyms of plastic are adaptable, ductile, malleable, pliable, and pliant. While all these words mean "susceptible of being modified in form or nature," plastic applies to substances soft enough to be molded yet capable of hardening into the desired fixed form.Toxic chemicals leach out of plastic and are found in the blood and tissue of nearly all of us. Exposure to them is linked to cancers, birth defects, impaired immunity, endocrine disruption and other ailments.