Any four effects of human activities on the eco-system of the Terai region are:
- Due to the number of industries, the liquid wastes are discharged into the source of water and hence, there is the degradation of fresh water.
- Deforestation is carried out commonly to fulfill the basic needs and to export it illegally.
- Soil erosion is seen due to the overuse of soil, excessive use of chemical fertilizers, and also the discharge of wastes to the land.
- People are engaged in animal husbandry. They leave their cattle to graze in any open space which destroys the yound plants and thus, overgrazing of the land.
The three measures to minimize the effects are:
- Afforestation program should be conducted on the open land.
- Liquid wastes should be properly managed and they should not be dumped into water sources.
- Overgrazing should be minimized.