There are abundant applications of pressure in daily life. Some of them are listed below:
- We use sharp knife to chop things compared to blunt ones because for given amount of force sharp knife cuts more easily because of high pressure.
- Digging hole with spades will be much easier compared to blunt spades (बेल्चा). Because the edge of the spades is sharp, the surface area of the contact with the ground is small. A big pressure is resulted to make digging easier.
- Studs on the soles of football shoes increases the pressure on the ground so that players can have extra grip when they run and change direction.
- Snow skis have large surface area to reduce pressure in order to make sure they don't sink into the snow.
- Elephants and massive land animals have very broad and flat feet (soles) in order to reduce pressure on the ground. Smaller footed animals wouldn't even evolve. (Natural selection)