- Are you sure you have bought your snacks?
- Have you seen a crocodile in water?
- My younger brother likes drinking milk.
- Do you like cars?
- We have three dogs in our house.
- An eagle can fly very high.
- Wow, it is amazingly beautiful !
- Do you like the taste of bitter gourd?
- I cant believe that my mother gifted me this teddy beer!
- I was busy completing my home works.
- Mother hens always protect their chicks.
- Wow your is superb!
- Where is the dog?
- My father was glad that the problem was solved.
----- Learn More about Types of Sentences ------
There are actually four types of sentences.
- Declarative sentence
- Imperative sentence
- Interrogative sentence
- Exclamatory sentence
And only three types of
- Period / full stop.
- Question mark ?
- Exclamation !
These sentences are used to make declaration. In other words declarative sentence simply makes a statement or expresses an opinion. These sentences end with period.
They give commands or make requests. These sentences usually end with period but sometimes under specific condition they may also end with exclamation.
examples: "Please sit down.", "I need you to sit down"
Interrogative sentence (Question Sentence)
An interrogative sentence asks a question. This type of sentence often begins with who, what, where, when, why, how or do and ends with a question mark.
Examples: “When are you going to turn in your writing assignment?”, “Do you know what the weather will be tomorrow?”
An exclamatory sentence is a sentence that expresses great emotion such as excitement, surprise, happiness and anger, and ends with an exclamation point.
Examples of this sentence type:
“It is too dangerous to climb that mountain!”
“I got an A on my book report!”