Nepalese people showed their dissatisfaction on panchyati system. The students also opposed the activities of the government. This sentiment of people was clearly understood by the then king Birendra and he held the referendum. The result supported the reformed panchyati system although most of the people didn't like this system. The causes for its success were as follows:
- The election was under the control of panchyati government.
- Irrational and inhuman activities, in between 2015-2017, made people fade up with multiparty system.
- The advertisement and education of multiparty system couldn't reach to the people.
- Many of the political leaders lacked political honesty and consciousness.
- Illiterate and poor people.
- The political game of Surya Bdr. Thapa supporting panchyati system.