Achievements between 2017 to 2036
Learning is more effective through research and observation that through rote learning. With this concept; We the students of grade 10 had been for a community visit. We had also prepared some questionnaire to discuss with the politicians of the community. We have prepared a short report on the basis of the responses.
Objectives to visit the politician:
- To know about the political change of 2007 BS,
- To know the role of political parties during 2007 to 2017 BS.
- To get information about the events of 2036 BS.
Methods of study
- Discussion method
- Observation method
- King Mahendra imposed ban on political parties on 1st poush, 2017. He imprisoned then people's elected Prime minister B.P Koirala as well as many other leaders. He seized the state authority in his hand. He ended the democratic system introduced on 7th Falgun 2007.
- It was not easy for the political parties to raise voice against the step of king Mahendra. There was restriction to open political parties or any other organizations, to launch rallies, processions or to gather publicly. However, the political parties were protesting secretly being underground.
- Students movement took place in 2036 BS. When the government failed to suppress the students movement, King Birendra declared referendum with the option; reformed panchayat system or multiparty system on 10th Jestha 2036 which was held on 20th Baisakh 2037 BS. However, Multi-party system was defeated by the reformed panchayat system.
Not only the king but also the political parties were responsible for the introduction of the panchayat system ending democratic system. The king would not stretch his undemocratic claws, if the government paid attention in maintaining political stability, controlling corruption and development of infrastructures. Similarly, Panchayat system would be defeated if the political parties united among themselves during referendum. So, Step should be taken at present learning from the past.