E-Governance is the use of ICT (Information and Communication Technology) or computing technology to enhance the access of government service to benefit citizens, business partners, and employees. It transforms the traditional government activities into ICT based operation. IT is not only about developing a government website but to provide all the required information, services through the electronic media.
- E-Governance refers to the provision of online public services to citizens and businesses.
- Services for citizens include the registration to government services such as health care, education, or employment benefits.
- For businesses, E-Governance services can take the form of online alerts for public procurements or funding opportunities as well as information and support on applicable legislation in a given sector.
- E-Governance helps to cut down their administrative costs, speed up procedures and therefore increase their efficiency and reactivity.
- It could improve and accelerate administrative efficiency.