Marriage before the age of 20 is a reality for many
young women who are not appropriate for marriage from legal and reproductive perspectives are called early marriage. Child marriage is often the result of entrenched gender inequality, making girls disproportionately affected by the practice. Globally, the prevalence of child marriage among boys is just one-sixth that among girls. Parents often feel that a young girl is an economic burden and therefore wish to marry off their young daughters before they become an economic liability. Child marriage is the result of the interplay of economic and social forces. Child marriage is specially done in south Asia. child marriage is still fairly widespread, particularly in developing countries, such as parts of Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, West Asia, Latin America, and Oceania. Child marriage violates the rights of children.
Child marriage impacts the health spouses, and their babies.
Disadvantages of Child marriage are as follows:
- Maternal mortality.
- Increase in the rate of abortion.
- There will be a lack of desired time to achieve an education.
- They have family bonds at the age of fun and enjoyment.
- weak family relationships.
- An animate relationship may not develop between the spouses which may result in mental anxiety.