Method 1 Using Magnetic Compass
- Get a magnetic compass and bring it near to one of the poles of a magnet without touching it.
- Observe carefully where the needle of a magnet is pointing. The point that normally points to the north pole of Earth should point to one end of the magnet.
- That end is actually the South pole of the magnet.
Method 2 Using Thread and Stand
- Bring very thin thread and stand.
- Tie a bar magnet at the middle of the magnet and suspend it on the stand.
- Wait until the magnet comes to the rest position.
- The end pointing the geographic north of a magnet is the south pole of a magnet and vice versa