RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) is a type of database system used for creating, managing, and operating a relational database. It is used for defining the relation between the multiple tables of the database. Examples of RDBMS is Ms-Acess, Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, etc.
Function of RDBMS
- Easier access oof data.
- Better security for the protection of data.
- Representation of all types of relationships.
- Data redundancy is reduced.
- Faster and efficient searching of required data.
- Easier modification and deletion of data.
- Concurrent access of data.
- Providing user interface to access data.
- Maintaining integrity by enforcing standards.