A family formed by a husband, wife, and unmarried children is called a nuclear family. Generally, the size of nuclear family is small but incase of many children, it may be large. it also receives the name of the conjugal family. A nuclear family is a relationship denoted by a heterosexual, monogamous, and legally married couple (i.e., male and female) with children, living apart from relatives.
Advantages of Nuclear family are as follows
- It is easy to fulfil family needs and desires.
- There is less possibility of disputes because of the small family.
- There is the freedom to make and take the decision.
- It is easy to extend proper care to each member.
- There are deep love and compassion between family member.
- Development of personality of individuals.
- No, interference of elders.
- no misunderstanding of any sort.
- Higher consistency with raising their children.
- Peace and Harmony.
- Less stress for the earning person in the family
Disadvantages of Nuclear family are as follows
- There is a lack of security and coordination.
- Children don't get the chance to learn etiquette.
- Insecure For Widow, Old, and Divorce.
- There is a lack of love and emotional relationship towards others.
- It becomes difficult to settle the dispute if it crops up.
- It is difficult to raise a child if both the husband and wife are employed.