The amazing facts of South America continent are given below:
- The largest mountain chain in the world the Andes stretches nearly 7000 km from north to south of this continent.
- The highest lake in the world Lake Titicaca is located at the latitude of 2,812 m.
- The largest rain forest is that of the Amazon Basin in Brazil.
- The highest water fall in the world is the 979 m high Angel Falls in Venezuela.
- The wildest, stromiest stretch of sea is Cape Horn at the southern tip of the continent.
- The biggest tortoise, 1.5 m long, live on the Galapagoes Islands.